Friday, March 13, 2009

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV

Not my first choice but a beast at heart. I love the original Lamborghini Muira, the P400 and LP500. As the Countach matured it became a rather grotesque abomination of paste-on wings, winglets, and bulbous flares - it didn't particularly appeal to me (can ya tell?). But whilst in the business back in the late 80's, yup, during the bubble, I remember a sale of an anniversary model for over $400k. Insane for sure. Sorta like housing prices went in the States over the last ten years. That hasn't lasted either. The current edition, the Murcielago is an amazing machine. Again not my type, but still wholly admirable. I expect my view might even change if I was ever so fortunate to have a chance to pilot one of these beasts. The drifting discipline has attracted major interest and has become a popular spectator sport and commercial sponsorship venue. Hubinette is one of the current masters. This video is superbly put together and more than adequately displays the powerful attributes and stunning shape of this new version of the Murcielago (Thanks to Auoblog.com [Source: YouTube]).

No comments:

Post a Comment